INFOGRAPHIC: WHY ISN’T THERE A CURE FOR CANCER?
We have gone to the moon. We can harness the atom. We have made huge leaps in technological advancement, which have been translated to the field of medicine. Yet, despite the advancements scientists have made in cancer detection and treatment, we still can't find a cure for cancer. Why? This question is answered in the following infographic by Health Grad. It turns out that the answer is a lot more complicated than we think...
1. Osteosarcoma: the world's oldest known cancer?
2. Early history of cancer
3. Research raises hope of a 'Holy Grail' universal cancer vaccine
4. Global Cancer Spending Reaches $100B
5. Scientists have performed the first trials of a 'universal cancer vaccine'
6. Why haven’t we cured cancer yet?
7. Evolution of cancer treatments: Targeted therapy
8. A Universal Cancer Vaccine Might Be Closer Than You Think
9. What is Angiogenesis?
10. Cancer Risk Higher With Western Diet
[Source: Health Grad.]